- 10th Plough Sunday 9.30 in Stonham Church
- 11th Plough Monday – 7.30 PM Morris Dancing onwards from Does Field – celebration afterwards in The Village Hall
- 21st Bingo Night 8 PM Village Hall
- 22nd Pub Night Village Hall
- 29th Charity Zumba Night 7.30 – 8.30 PM in The Village Hall (Liz Hubert)
- 5th 8 PM Quiz Night Village Hall
- 18th 8 PM Bingo Village Hall
- 19th 8 PM Pub Night Village Hall
Watch out for Cinema Night at The Village Hall – details will be announced!
With the latest works in The Street, some people have been phoned, and asked for their Bank or Credit Card details by ‘BT’ for a reconnection fee of £6. Please do not give any details, this is not BT (they have been informed) and they just want your financial details to steal your money!!
Some of you may wonder what happens at the Men’s Breakfast! Today we had over 40 people to listen to a talk on the RNLI. Donations amounted to £269.14 for the RNLI.
Next Breakfast is on the 5th March at 0830 to hear all about Saxtead windmill. Contact John Moody for details.
Details from Mid Suffolk are here.
For Stonham Aspal:
- Wednesday 23 December 2015 No Change (Rubbish),
- Wednesday 30 December 2015 now Thursday 31 December 2015 (Recycling),
- Wednesday 6 January 2016 now Thursday 7 January 2016 (Rubbish),
- All brown bin collections are suspended for two weeks over the Christmas and New Year period.
Village Hall: 5th Christmas Bazaar 10-3, 12th Cabaret Nite, 17th Bingo 8 pm, 18th Pub Night from 8pm, 24th December 8 pm onwards song and merriment (midnight mass follows).
24th December Santa’s Sleigh visits the village, 6.30 pm onwards.
Film Club: Wednesday 16th December 7.30 pm for 8 pm – A Seasonal Film – Stonham Aspal Film Club Vote on The Night – at The Village Hall.
Church: 9.30 am 13th December Carols for All, 3 pm 24 December Crib Service, Carol Singing 22 December meet at Does Field 6.30 pm. 11.30 pm 24 December Midnight Eucharist.
Thanks to the funding we have already been allocated, we can start to look for someone to officially design the changes to the village hall with the aim to go out for tender in early 2016. Once we have the designs, we can also start to apply for the larger grants which will fund the bulk of the work. If everything goes to plan, we hope to start the work in in the spring.
If you can suggest any small/medium building contractors with experience in refurbishing village halls heating and structural, please contact Alison or via our facebook page so we can contact them.
Thank you to everyone who already contributes to the village hall fund through the pub nights, quiz nights and social events at the hall. Every donation is very much appreciated.
Stonham Aspal FC are holding a Xmas Dinner Disco at Stonham Barns on Saturday 28th November 2015 at 7.00pm. There will also be a fundraising raffle / auction of some fantastic prizes which have been donated by various local businesses and organisations. Tickets are £20, including a three course meal, and are available from Vashti Mouncer on 07923 395642. All are welcome to join us, especially those from the village and also past players and supporters. Our facilities are getting a bit tired having been in place since 1985 ( and second-hand then ! ) so it is vital for us to gain support in order to eventually spruce up some of the buildings at the Club.
Just a reminder that we have a method of posting news from anyone who I have registered to the web site.
If you would like to post news about any topic then please let me know!
Now on the Stonham Barns web site.
Outline Of Proposal
A. Increase the Area of the Mid Suffolk Showground
B. Refurbish Existing Showground Marquee and Insert a New Permanent Bar
C. Reinstate Off-Road 4×4 Course
D. New Stonham Showground and Structural Landscaping
E. Improvement to Caravan Site
F. Meerkat Enclosure
A. Fishing Lodges
B. Caravan Overspill
C. Covered Show Facility
A. Food Hall
B. Refurbishment of Market Square
C. Extension to Toy Shop
A. Livery refurbishment
B. Refurbishment of Existing Buildings
C. Country Walks
D. Play Area
E. Managers Dwelling
- Quiz and pub/social night, Friday 2nd, 8pm onwards(quiz will start 8pm, all welcome, teams can be made up on the night
- (Cancelled, Kids fun evening, 6pm start, Saturday, 3rd October /cancelled,new date to be announced
- Bingo, Thursday 22nd, 8pm
- Pub/Social Night, Friday 16th, 8pm onwards
- Bingo, Thursday 19th , 8pm
- Pub/social night, Friday 20th, 8pm onwards.
- Autumn Lunch, Saturday 28th
Further dates for diary:
- 5th December Christmas fair, village hall
- 12th December Cabaret night, village hall
(Please follow link to village website, to check out calendar showing, what else is going on. Also you will find more other useful information: www.stonhamaspal.co.uk)
(Bring your own refreshments and nibbles, etc, to all functions/do’s, unless otherwise mentioned, hope to see you, you never know what fun you might be missing out on, come and give it ago, what have you got to lose?, nothing, in my opinion, for what thats worth. Cheers and hopefully til anon.)