We are looking at the feasibility of converting our old telephone box into a defibrillator – the nearest is a 16 minute return journey to the Debenham Co-Op – and minutes save lives!!
Looks like things are moving: Road works are scheduled over the next month or so on www.roadworks.or.uk – for our new Fibre Cabinet. Now would be a good time to register interest with your Internet Provider so you get notified when it is available. It appears that the delays have been sorted out and things are moving at long last ….
The project cost is now confirmed at £185,000 and we have currently raised £152,000 from fundraising, grants and donations. The £152,000 will enable us to complete the new heating system, ventilation and insulation throughout the hall, and a new kitchen and ladies and gents toilets.
This work will commence at the beginning of June and the hall and car park will be closed from Tuesday 30th May to allow for the hall to be emptied. Due to the shortfall in funding we will continue to try and raise more funds in order to fund the decoration, some new windows and a new bar area in the hall. We ask for your support with this:
- Please vote for ‘Stonham Aspal Village Hall’ at Stowmarket Tesco tokens vote – this will be open until 30/6/17 and may enable us to gain a further £3000.
- Please vote for us at The Calor Gas Community Fund – you will have 10 votes and you will have to register with them so it will take a couple of minutes, but well worth it to be in for a chance of £5000 to pay for the cost of decorating the hall once the refurb is complete.
- Please spread the word with family’s and friends, who will each get 10 votes. We have also set up a donations page at Just Giving and search ‘Stonham Aspal’ – any donations would be much appreciated.
We will keep you updated on timings, funding etc through notices on Facebook, village website and the village, church and school notice areas.
See here for details.
Trying to raise £45,000 to Help refurbish Stonham Aspal village hall.
Our village hall was built in 1934 and is now in need of total refurbishment. We have applied for grants to refurbish the village hall to bring it up to modern standards. We have been fortunate to have raised around 80% of the cost, but still need £45,000 to complete all the work. Our Pub closed three years ago and the village shop is long gone so the Church and village hall are the main village community centres where we can meet. Please help us raise the remaining target to give us somewhere pleasant to come together as a community.
Grants have now been made available and work may start soon – look out for further news.
- 15 May 7.30PM Archdeacons Visit
- 21 May Rogation Sunday 2.30 PM from Broughton Hall – Beating the Bounds
- 11 June 11AM Church Summer event
- 1 May 7.30PM Whist Drive
- 11 May 8PM Bingo
- 19 May 7.30PM onwards Pub night
- 2 June 7.30 for 8PM Quiz Night
- 15 May Village Hall
- 13 June Garden Party
- 17 July – Minsmere
- Zumba in Village Hall every Wednesday 6.30-7.30
- 3PM May 14th Earl Stonham Church – Bianca Brochet from Stoneham-et-Tewkesbury to tell us about the town in Quebec through words and music ..