As well as the work going on within Stonham Aspal, two further cabinets are scheduled. I’m not too sure who is connected to them, but individual telephone numbers can be analysed –
- one is at the junctions of the Crowfield Road (17-21 July STONHAM – 8 – 393969 – 393997 – ALL IN ONE STREET CABINET& POWER INSTALLATION)
- and the other within Mickfield (4-7 July by Meadow Cottage has Stonham 7, similar cabinet to the above).
Don’t forget our Fun Day at the Club tomorrow 10th June. The weather forecasters are usually better than their political counterparts – so bring the sun cream !!
Start 1.00pm. Ends with Scotland v England on the big screen in the Clubhouse at 5.00pm.
- 11am A service of worship for all with activities for the children.
- 12 noon onwards, barbecue and other refreshments, stalls including plants, cakes, books, tombola, raffle, fun for the children. If you can provide prizes for the tombola or cakes please let us know.
In the Church there will be a display of Church and village history. Items that are usually hidden away in the big chest will be on show along with Church registers and other items of interest.
If you have any items that you feel would be of interest we would welcome the opportunity to display them, please let us know beforehand.
Offers of help on the day would be very much appreciated. For any further details or enquiries please contact David Tydeman 01449 711277, Alex Jenkinson 01449 711393 or John Ince 01449 711365.
We look forward to seeing you, please bring the sunshine with you!
We are repeating our successful FUN DAY on Saturday 10th June at the Sports Field from 1.00pm onwards. There will be a Giant Bouncy Castle and Slide, stalls for adults and children, tombola, cake stall, games for the kids, ice cream van, golden ticket draw, BBQ and the bar is open all day (Scotland v England on TV in the Clubhouse at 5.00pm). There will be 2 one hour football matches – Stonham Aspal v Mendlesham at 1.00pm and the eagerly awaited Stonham Legends Challenge Match at 2.30pm. Everyone Welcome – ENTRY FREE.
We are looking at the feasibility of converting our old telephone box into a defibrillator – the nearest is a 16 minute return journey to the Debenham Co-Op – and minutes save lives!!
The project cost is now confirmed at £185,000 and we have currently raised £152,000 from fundraising, grants and donations. The £152,000 will enable us to complete the new heating system, ventilation and insulation throughout the hall, and a new kitchen and ladies and gents toilets.
This work will commence at the beginning of June and the hall and car park will be closed from Tuesday 30th May to allow for the hall to be emptied. Due to the shortfall in funding we will continue to try and raise more funds in order to fund the decoration, some new windows and a new bar area in the hall. We ask for your support with this:
- Please vote for ‘Stonham Aspal Village Hall’ at Stowmarket Tesco tokens vote – this will be open until 30/6/17 and may enable us to gain a further £3000.
- Please vote for us at The Calor Gas Community Fund – you will have 10 votes and you will have to register with them so it will take a couple of minutes, but well worth it to be in for a chance of £5000 to pay for the cost of decorating the hall once the refurb is complete.
- Please spread the word with family’s and friends, who will each get 10 votes. We have also set up a donations page at Just Giving and search ‘Stonham Aspal’ – any donations would be much appreciated.
We will keep you updated on timings, funding etc through notices on Facebook, village website and the village, church and school notice areas.